Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blue Lipstick

Blue Lipstick is a book of concrete poems written by John Grandits, and is a 2008 A.L.A. Notable Children's Book.


This is one of my most favorite poetry books ever!  I read it every time I see it in the library, and I even read some of them aloud for a reading camp wearing blue lipstick.  They are funny, and the young girl, Jessie, who has created them truly has the mind of a pre-teen girl.  The words and pictures created from them remind me so much of my daughters as pre-teens and some of the more sarcastic elements are phrases that I have also echoed aloud.  It is a fun read and a great book for concrete poetry examples, although a few of the poems are likely to result in quite a few giggles. 
Grandits, J. (2007). Blue lipstick: concrete poems. New York: Clarion Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment