Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is written by J.K. Rowling and is an A.L.A. Notable Book as well as a challenged book.
 
 

  This final installment in the Harry Potter Series is definitely my favorite.  While I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series, this book for me was the best one for the balance it has in all of the elements present in the previous six books.  After my latest and fourth read of the book, I have come to apprciate the complexity in the characters and their relationships with one another.  The serious nature of their quest for the horcruxes consumes them but still leaves room for things like  feelings of jealousy and questions of loyalty between the characters.  Each time Harry, Ron, and Hermione had to move locations or make a new discovery, the writing takes me to the actual place and time, and it is like I am there to experience the joy and pain of it all.  The feeling of revenge lays thick in the air of the book as the deaths of many key people in Harry's life must be avenged by "the one" and he must face Voldemort in a final battle.  Each time I read the book, my pulse quickens as I get involved in the story and even comment loudly about the choices Harry makes, good and bad.  I find myself in this world of descriptive writing and creative vocabulary and get lost in the words on the pages.  This entire series is one that I will read over and over again, and I think the final book, with a little humor and sarcasm, adventure, and magic is the perfect end to a fantastic journey.
 
Rowling, J. K., & GrandPré, M. (2007). Harry Potter and the deathly hallows . New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment